CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 31, 2009

It's about time right...

I know, I promised to update several weeks ago now. Well I couldn't sleep tonight so I decided to try to catch up a little.

There is no way for me to go back and cover all that has happened in our lives. The simpliest way to put it I guess is we've had our ups and downs over the past few months and have managed to deal with all that God has brought us. We've lost ones and our lives will forever be changed by that. Kens sister and my dear sweet sister in law for one. She welcomed me into my new family with open arms and loved Reese and Carleigh Gail like they were her true nephew and niece, and they loved her just as much. The rock of our family and the one who kept it all together. Not a day goes by we don't think of her and wish she was here with us but we all know the truth there, she wouldn't trade where she is now for another second on earth with us. We had a "steal magnolia" moment at my sweet mother in laws house the day of her funeral. Something I will always remember also. I'm in the bedroom straightening my girtle (cause ya know this is the first time I've had to wear one of those things) and my mother in law and a friend walk in. Of course we're all in tears and when they opened the door and saw my dress hiked and me pulling and tugging at that thing they rolled. All Nanny could say was oh your sister in law is having a laugh at this. At my first family gathering with all of them one of the first things she told me was "now look, if you gonna be in this family you gotta put some meat on them bones", so I know she loved that I wore a girtle that day.

On a better note for our family, all the kids are doing great. Reese has signed up for pee-wee basketball and Matthew has signed up for golf. We'll see how both those go. Carleigh is still just our bossy, mama hen, has a answer for everything little angel. haha.

So promise I'll do better and try to update now.......

1 comments:

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

We will all, always remember our Sweetie or as Lance's says our Sweetie Pie, When God made her, he knew he had made a one of a kind special angel and threw the mold away.
Boy I miss that special laugh and smile she had. And yep she would be laughing at you about that girtle cause you'd never catch her in one...lol...